Cadred's Corin Cole has won the Journo Award 2009 at GamesCom in Cologne .. read more
The Imperial took the console double in the Championship with wins in Halo and CoD4 .. read more
Yes players and team managers it is that time of the month again as our P.M.S. (Please Milk Spam) overpowers us and we milk the spam out of another look at life in a clan with Dekko's half baked & laboured football metaphors dragging us through another round of clan running. .. read more
Resi Evil Publisher invites gamers to try out latest developments, Ghostbusters: The Video Game takes centre stage .. read more
Yes, an ED Podcast! This week we talk about ed.co.uk closing, XAC and changes to the UKeSA .. read more
Dekko drools all over himself again and we all grow wiser from it. .. read more
Dekko continues on his journey to disect what makes a great clan. We don't know why he's on this journey, none of us asked him.... .... .... .. read more
Download the latest version of XAC from xraygaming.com now .. read more
TLR Manager and founder releases statement on clan website announcing team closure .. read more
UKeSA Community Council Elections
Posted by SmellyMoss on Feb 25th 2009 20:12
The United Kingdom eSports Association (UKeSA) today announced that it is opening the nomination and election process for three community representative positions on the UKeSA Community Council.
“Following significant feedback that we’ve had from the community, we are going to open the Community Council elections to all members of the UK eSports community.” said Ray Mia, the Chief Executive of UKeSA today. “The objective is to make the Community Council both representative and inclusive of the UK eSports community.”
The Community Council will be responsible for community related operational and disciplinary matters, including:
- The enforcement of game, tournament and cup regulations.
- Disciplinary breaches of regulations and conduct for UKeSA approved events.
- Allocation of the Dell XPS Premiership seasonal cash retainer.
- Game type recommendations.
- Responsibility for game specific sub committees.
- Signing off game type rules recommended by game sub committees.
The commitment the Community Council members will need to make is significant, with bi-monthly conference calls and at least two physical meetings per season. The only pre requisite is that the members are UK passport holders and reside in the UK.
The Community Council election timeline is as follows:
Wednesday 25th February ‘09:
- Nominations open for Community Council
Sunday 1st March ‘09:
- Nominations close
Friday 6th March ‘09:
- Community Council voting opens on Enemy Down
Wednesday 11th March ‘09:
- Community Council voting closes
Friday 13th March ‘09:
- Community Council election results announced
To apply to be a Community Council candidate please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To check nominations that have been formally accepted for the position please see the nominations list. Voting will take place on Enemy Down. Voters will each receive three votes to cast for three candidates, a candidate can only be voted for once by a voter.
Pre voting information and debate
The election of the Community Council representatives is important for the future of UKeSA. Fair and open debate allowing candidates to present their positions on relevant eSports topics is essential. In order to facilitate this, the UKeSA has decided to hold a “husting” to give candidates opportunity to express their views on a community defined list of topics, both online and in a live environment.
The husting timeline will be:
Candidate questions generated: Thursday 26th February ‘09
- The eSports community will be invited to put their questions, issues and concerns to the candidates.
- Editorial staff will summarise the comments raised into five questions.
- This will be held on www.cadred.org.
Nominations close: Sunday 1st March ‘09
- Candidates will be emailed the consolidated list of questions from the comments on Cadred.
Candidate responses posted: Monday 2nd March ‘09
- Formal candidate responses will be posted on Enemy Down.
VoiP debate: Tuesday 3rd March ’09 (20:00 hrs)
- The candidates will be invited to attend an open question and answer debate around their responses on a “Voice over IP service”
- Debate will be hosted by Mike “SmellyMoss” Bembenek and Paul “ReDeYe” Chaloner.
- The debate will be a hosted audio show on www.quadv.com
- During the debate live questions can be asked on IRC channel #ukesa
None of the above husting process is mandatory.
The UKeSA would like to wish all the candidates good luck in the forthcoming election.
The UKeSA Team
Ubi Concordia, ibi Victoria
Where there is Harmony, there is Victory