Cadred's Corin Cole has won the Journo Award 2009 at GamesCom in Cologne .. read more
The Imperial took the console double in the Championship with wins in Halo and CoD4 .. read more
Yes players and team managers it is that time of the month again as our P.M.S. (Please Milk Spam) overpowers us and we milk the spam out of another look at life in a clan with Dekko's half baked & laboured football metaphors dragging us through another round of clan running. .. read more
Resi Evil Publisher invites gamers to try out latest developments, Ghostbusters: The Video Game takes centre stage .. read more
Yes, an ED Podcast! This week we talk about ed.co.uk closing, XAC and changes to the UKeSA .. read more
Dekko drools all over himself again and we all grow wiser from it. .. read more
Dekko continues on his journey to disect what makes a great clan. We don't know why he's on this journey, none of us asked him.... .... .... .. read more
Download the latest version of XAC from xraygaming.com now .. read more
TLR Manager and founder releases statement on clan website announcing team closure .. read more
Top Tips: UKeSA Locked Rosters
Posted by SmellyMoss on Jan 23rd 2009 18:53
The countdown has begun! Teams only have a couple of days left to get their full squads signed up with complete rosters in order to be counted towards the final tally for the UKeSA Championship Divisions. The top ten game titles with the most sign-ups will automatically become UKeSA Championship Divisions. Currently, over 3000 players have signed up to compete in over 22 game titles.
Counter-Strike: Source has the strongest show of support with over a thousand registered players in 166 squads.
The force that has become Team Fortress 2 registration has gone galactic with a whopping 89 teams and 686 players, showing that TF2 is as alive as ever and ready to be taken seriously (ETF2L are doing a great job of supporting the UKeSA).
Call of Duty 4 PC and Counter-Strike 1.6 have been neck and neck all week with CoD4 just edging CS with 83 squads to 76. However, look out though as CS does have more registered players with 405 compared to CoD4's 360. That's alot of incomplete teams in Call of Duty! Get your full sides signed up or they won't be counted towards the Championship tally. If a player doesn't make it by the 25th, don't worry as they'll still have until February 6th to get registered for the UKeSA Open Divisions.
The battle for the highest ranked team title on the Xbox 360 is still very intense with Call of Duty 4 360, Halo 3 and Gears of War all very close. Halo is just nudging CoD4 by a single clan at the moment with 53, nearly half of them with fully registered squads (great community support by the guys over at halo3forum.co.uk and Decerto-eSports).
Rounding out the battle for the top 10 are Gears of War (41 squads), Rainbox Six: Vegas 2 360 (34 squads), Day of Defeat: Source (33 squads) and FIFA PC (29 squads).
Teams and Squads have until Sunday at midnight to get their full rosters completed to count towards the Championship tally. The squad sign-up deadline to compete in the Open Divisions is February 6th, 2009.
You've got questions, we've got answers!
1. When is the deadline for locked rosters? Rosters will not be locked for either the Championship or Open Divisions - this ensures that teams can create the best rosters possible when trying to compete for promotion into the Premiership. Keep in mind that the Championship squads from the 4 most popular games will used for the rankings of who will become Premiership teams, so it's in your best interest to make sure you're squad is completely registered. Teams should keep this is mind when setting their rosters. Premiership rosters will be locked around February 6th.
2. Can a manager own a team? Of course, this is encouraged but not necessary.
3. When will the Championship sign-ups open? Squads with complete rosters will be tallied on Sunday, January 25th at midnight. The sign-ups should open sometime on Monday.
4. How are the Premiership games decided? Basically the same way that the Championship games are decided. Championship squads who are signed up with complete rosters will be tallied. The top four titles become Premiership Divisions.
5. How is the prize money being divided? Details will be released very soon.
6. My team has registered with ED and we're now part of a squad, are we signed up? Nope. Make sure you enter the UKeSA Open Divisions. Just sign-in and click here, find your title and click 'enter event.'
UKeSA Forum opened!
If you have any questions, feel free to check out the UKeSA forum on Enemy Down.