Cadred's Corin Cole has won the Journo Award 2009 at GamesCom in Cologne .. read more
The Imperial took the console double in the Championship with wins in Halo and CoD4 .. read more
Yes players and team managers it is that time of the month again as our P.M.S. (Please Milk Spam) overpowers us and we milk the spam out of another look at life in a clan with Dekko's half baked & laboured football metaphors dragging us through another round of clan running. .. read more
Resi Evil Publisher invites gamers to try out latest developments, Ghostbusters: The Video Game takes centre stage .. read more
Yes, an ED Podcast! This week we talk about ed.co.uk closing, XAC and changes to the UKeSA .. read more
Dekko drools all over himself again and we all grow wiser from it. .. read more
Dekko continues on his journey to disect what makes a great clan. We don't know why he's on this journey, none of us asked him.... .... .... .. read more
Download the latest version of XAC from xraygaming.com now .. read more
TLR Manager and founder releases statement on clan website announcing team closure .. read more
Top Tips: UKeSA Recruitment and Rosters
Posted by SmellyMoss on Jan 22nd 2009 11:52
Two of the key goals of the UKeSA is to encourage grassroots gaming and team building from a UK stand-point, hence why many guidelines focus on teams, squads and managers and not individual players. Like the FA orRFU , foreign players are welcome but they must play for British teams and managers. This ensures that the best players in each game have an opportunity to play and thatcurrent UK team rosters can stay intact.
Remember! Anyone can play!
Anyone can play in the UKeSA Open Divisions - get every squad and team you can get your hands on to sign up now for your game of choice. Keep in mind that only SQUADS WITH FULL LINE-UPS will be counted towards the final tally for Championship games. TheUKeSA is doing this for two reasons:
1. It gives a clear indicator of how many teams are roster-ready to complete and forces players to get signed up to give an indicator of the overall number of players wanting to get involved.
2. It helps prevent random people and teams signing up to boost numbers. UKeSA volunteers will be scouring the final numbers and squads to make sure everything adds up and having complete squads with full rosters helps the process immensely.
So get out there, suppport you title and get more teams signed up for your game title! Make sure that all of the squads in your title are working to create full rosters, because when it comes down to it, just because a game has 800+ players and 100+ squads it doesn't mean that many squads and players are going to be counted towards the final numbers.
Some quick answers!
Here are some quick and dirty answers to many of the questions being asked out there.
1. Can a manager be a player? Yes.
2. What is a GUID? Game User ID. Almost all PC and Wii games have ID's for each player. 360 & PS3 players should use their Gamertag/PSN nickname. This information needs to be entered at the bottom of your profile using 'Register New GUID.'
3. My mates and I signed up but we don't plan to play at the highest level, do we need a manager? Yes, but it can be your captain or another player on the side. We just need someone to take responsibility and be in control.
4. We are squad of mates who want to take this seriously, how do we find a bigger team? The easiest way to find out who is recruiting squads is to check the UKeSA tournament page, find your game title and see how many teams or squads are looking for players or a larger club to join. If you click the squad recruiting link next to your game, you will be shown a page of who is looking. You can also check out the larger clan sites around the web and simply ask around using the ED PM system or a team's shoutbox.
5. Why should my squad join a team? Tons of reasons! Sponsorship, help with expenses and paying Championship Division fees, media-friendly spokespeople at your fingertips and just a larger group of friends who will support and help your squad become better.
6. How many titles will become Championship titles? Around 10. The process then starts again for the Premiership, although this time the tally will be based on Championship sign-ups.
Hope this answered some of your questions. I will be back tomorrow with plenty more! Teams/Clans that are recruiting, please feel free to PM me and tell me what you're looking for. Perhaps UKeSA can help?