Help and FAQ Topics
- Help Contents
- ED Getting Started
- ED General PC Rules
- ED Wii Game Rules
- ED General Console Rules
- ED XBOX 360 Game Rules
- General Help
- ED Account Help
- X-Ray Gaming
- ED PC Game Rules
- ED PlayStation 3 Game Rules
- Enemy Down Changelog
- UKeSA Rules & FAQ
- UKeSA Prize Money
- UKeSA Recruitment
- Enemy Down Help
- General UKeSA Rules & Help
- About UKeSA
- Counter-Strike: Source
- Company of Heroes
- Day of Defeat
- Day of Defeat: Source
- World of Warcraft
- UKeSA Cups
- UKeSA Open Division
- UKeSA Championship
- UKeSA Premiership
- Halo 3
- Guitar Hero 3
- Gears of War 2
- Team Fortress 2
- Mario Kart Wii
- Forza Motorsport 2
- Warcraft 3
- Super Smash Brothers Brawl
- UKeSA Laws of Play
- Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 PS3
- Counter-Strike 1.6
- UKeSA Players
- UKeSA Game Selection
- FIFA 09 PC
- FIFA 09 PS3
- FIFA 09 360
- Call of Duty 4: PC
- Call of Duty 4: X360
- Call of Duty 4: PS3
- Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 360
- UKeSA Sponsorship
- Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
- UKeSA Disciplinary
- UKeSA Managers
- UKeSA Teams
- UKeSA Payments
- FIFA 09
- Pro Evolution Soccer
- UKeSA Code of Conduct
- ED Getting Started
Call of Duty 4
- Do I use X-Ray Anti-Cheat (XAC) ?
- What mods must I use?
- Are there any map bugs?
- Can I use Boosting?
- What rules are there about playing a game?
- What server settings are there?
- Match rules?
- What happens if my clan goes Inactive?
- Rules for Unique ID's?
- Can a team ask for the demo of the game?
- Can we use in game chat?
X-Ray Anti-Cheat (XAC)
Must be used for all matches, if you are experiencing technical problems you must post in the XAC forum found here, and make an Admin aware. XAC client can be downloaded here http://www.xraygaming.com/ to login use your Enemydown login and password information, the forums can also be found on this site.
Failure to use XAC will result in a ban. 1st offence is 1 week playing ban, 2nd is 2 weeks, 3rd is 3 month ban. If a clan leader fails to use XAC the ban will be doubled, i.e. 2 weeks for first offence etc.
Please consult the XAC Information and XAC rules pages to keep yourself updated on the rules.
CoD4 (1) Mods
1. The use of the NoswayMod is mandatory and is included within the server configs, please note that these modifications only work when they are installed on the server.
2. No other modifications are permitted. This includes customs skins, scopes, avatars, sounds, huds or any other modifications. The game is to be with current official patches only. No exceptions. If you have any doubts about something you are considering using then always check with the admin team before using it.
1. Map Bugs, it is not permitted to take advantage of a map bug to get inside an object that is clearly designed to not be accessible (Clipping). It is also not permitted to use a position that enables you to see through a texture or object that cannot be seen through from other directions (Glitching). Defusing through a wall is considered a map bug and will result in round loss. It is also not permitted to abuse a bug or jump that allows you to walk above, under or outside the map.
2. Jumps that we allow as long as they don't allow you to atain a position that is covered by the preceeding rule on map bugs:
• Strafe jumps
• 125 frame per second jumps
• Crouch jumps
3. Jumps that you are never permitted to do:
• 333 frame per second jumps or any jump that requires an even higher framerate
• Grenade jumps
• Rocket jumps
1. All matches should be played in full as the final result counts towards your rating. If a clan leaves early (for example, winning 11-0 in a MR10 match) the remaining clan can claim the 9 rounds left to be played.
2. Clans are permitted to play the same opponent more than once in the same week. The interval between games allowed is 3 days. This means that if clan A plays clan B on a Monday they cannot play them again until Thursday.
3. You can cancel a match at any time, however, you cannot cancel a game on match day.
1. All matches are to played on servers running the latest version of PAM with the latest ED configs. More information can be found in http://www.enemydown.co.uk/forumreplies.php?id=111388
2. All matches are to also have the NoSwayMod and SniperFix mods installed, these can be downloaded from http://www.devotii.com/downloads/file/82
3. There are no ping restrictions for players.
4. PunkBuster: all matches are to have PunkBuster running with an Enemy Down recommended settings in the PB config which is available from the download section. (when its done)
5. Cracked servers are not allowed. Buy a copy of the game.
6. It is the responsibility of both teams to ensure that the server is set up correctly before the match starts. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: Pam installation, ruleset, pam_mode, pb config. The only exception to this is if a problem is discovered during the match that would not be possible to check for at the start of the match
1. In ALL official ED matches, demos are required from all players.
• /record demofilename
2. Friendly fire is ALWAYS set as ON.
3. Both teams are allowed 1 timeout per map played of up to 5 minutes. This can be used by going to your voice command menu where there is a timeout option available.
If any further pauses are required for lagged out players or to deal with other situations beyond your control, then you need to ask your opposition if they will agree to stop the match. For round-based gametypes then the timeout will take effect immediately if agreed during the first 15 seconds of a round, otherwise it will be the following round where the match is paused. If you abuse the facility to pause a match without the opponents agreement (except when using your 1 allowed pause) then you risk a default loss.
4. Spectators not allowed unless they meet the following criteria Shoutcasters CoDTV (when it arrives), ED administrators and/or ED Refs. ED admins may be available to spectate and referee matches if a team desires. Requests for a referee should be emailed to the ladder admin as early as possible so arrangements can be made. Although There is no guarantee that an admin will be available to spectate a match, we will make every effort to do so.
5. An ED admin/ref reserves the right to observe any ED match without notification or approval. The Admin's identity can be verified by contacting them on IRC during the match in #enemydown.cod4 or #edadmins on QuakeNet.
6. Any attempt to impersonate an ED admin/ref will result in a permanent site ban.
7. All times should be treated as UK (GMT/UTC/CET-1/CEST-1) times unless otherwise stated in the challenge.
1. If a clan hasn't played an official match for 30 days, they will be made inactive and penalised. Clans lose 1 point per day.
2. If a clan also have 6 'red blocks' due to rejecting 6 challenges or more, they will also lose 3 points per day.
3. If a clan doesn't play for 60 days, they will remain inactive and will not be shown in the ladder rankings.
4. Inactive clan pages on ED will not be handed over to other people who do not have any original claim to it. Clans may reform and take over old accounts however no other group will be allowed to inherit an inactive clans' points.
1. Unique IDs are that if the ones assigned by PunkBuster not the one that is assigned out of the box, this will be called GUID from this point onwards. To obtain your PB GUID, join any PB enabled server and type /pb_myguid in the console.
2. It is each team's responsibility to check the other team's roster before the match and verify all members are legal, with correct GUIDS. So the importance to be on the server in good time to enable the server admin/clan leaders to check and compare PBGUIDS.
3. If a clan is found to be playing a non registered player prior to the start of the match the server admin/team leaders MUST inform the other team that this is the case and they will have 5 minutes to find a replacement, or the match will start with the offending team playing with a man short. The short manned team are allowed to bring in a substitute after the match has started, this player must be registered.
You can check for GUIDs with the command /pb_plist in your console.
4. You should check that all players are registered before you begin your game. All discrepancies should be sorted before you start. Player checks after the match are deemed too late and cannot be used to conflict a result. The only exception to this rule is if the player joins the server whilst the match is in progress, in which case you are allowed to chick the players GUID after the match and submit a conflict if it is found to be invalid.
As part of our ongoing attempt to enforce the ED rules we will be requesting match demos on a random basis. I'd like to remind you of the rules regarding the recording of demo's:-
1. All official matches are to have Demos recorded by all players, whether demos are requested in the match settings or not. Demos are to be kept for a minimum of 10 days. Admins can request a demo from any player at anytime within the 10 days after the match being played and teams prior to conflicting can request a maximum of 2 demos from the opposition. Failure to submit the requested demos will result in the player being suspended. Failing to submit a demo on multiple occasions may result in the player being banned from EnemyDown. If a Clan Leader fails to submit a demo upon request it may lead to the removal of the clan from the EnemyDown Ladder.
The punishments for not submitting your demo's will be as follows:-
• 1st offence - 2 week ban from any matches
• 2nd offence - 1 month ban from any matches
• 3rd offence - 6 months ban from any matches
• 4th offence - 1 year ban from any matches
If your match is chosen please help us by following these guidelines before submitting them.
• - Nominate one player to collect all your teams demos
• - Name them correctly i.e. include the players name in the filename
• - Zip them all up together and upload the file to the numerous free upload services show at the forum link below. If the zipfile is too large split it up and name accordingly i.e. yourclan-demos1.zip and yourclan-demos2.zip.
• - PM the requesting Admin with the download location
• - Assuming the demo's can be downloaded, they are all present and correct then you having else to do
free upload services:
If you have your demo's requested you will need to get them to us within 10 days that rule applies to the opposition team if they request them as well, failure to do this will result in the above punishment structure coming into affect. If you are having trouble getting them speak to us, don't just leave it thinking it's going to go away! No one likes dishing out bans so don't make us do it.
TEAMS THAT CONSTANTLY ABUSE THE DEMO REQUESTS MAY HAVE THE RIGHT REMOVED. THE ABILITY TO REQUEST DEMOS IS THERE TO ALLOW CLANS TO HOPEFULLY RESOLVE ANY ISSUE PRIOR TO A CONFLICT. CLANS CAN REQUEST ALL DEMOS OFF EVERY PLAYER FROM THE OPPOSITION THAT TAKES PART IN ANY ED MATCH